Creating email pipelines
Managing categories and tags
Setting up the platform
Personalizing the look
Being GDPR compliant
- Who can create email pipelines? The system administrators.
- Who can use these pipelines? Generally anyone who knows the email address, subject to options linked to publication rights.
To facilitate contribution from email, Elium suggests a generic email address available to all users, which enables transferring emails or creating new ones, with attachments, to save them on the platform.
Besides this generic address, other email addresses following certain specific publication rights can be created and made available to users.
It is also possible to generate email addresses aimed at:
- saving the email and attachments reaching the platform (similar to the standard email address, but with personalized choices in terms of publication rules)
- saving only the email
- saving only the attachments (files)
- transforming the email into Story (the subject of the email becomes the title, the body of the email becomes a text block and any attachments are listed in a 'gallery of files' block)
- transforming every web-link content into the body of the email in full content
Every email address is differentiated by an extension defined by the administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
These unique email addresses have distinct publication rules:
- the publication space
- the tag(s) attributed to generated content
- the contributor
- as draft or published
- with or without verification of the publication rights of the sender
- with or without confirmation of receipt by email
Creating contribution by email address
To create these addresses you go to the administration interface, 'Email pipelines' tabs.
- Create a new address.
- Define the extension to be used (we advise you to make it sufficiently explicit).
- Describe the behavior of this pipeline for quick reading in the interface.
- Define the contributor: you either let the system attribute the content on the basis of the email address of the sender or you force attributing the content to one user in particular.
- Specify whether or not the system has to verify whether the user has the right to publish content in the space that will be chosen.
- Indicate whether or not the system has to generate confirmation of receipt.
- Define how the system should deal with sent content.
- Choose the publication space.
- Specify any tags to be applied.
- Tick the option if you want to publish the received content straightaway.
Restraints and limitations of email pipelines
- Every email address behaves in a unique way, potentially leading to numerous addresses.
- To save it as a Story, emails with a too complex layout cannot be replicated optimally.
- We advise you to always properly number the files you send by email (by default their name is used as title in Elium).
- Enable the confirmation of receipt as much as possible, to ensure that the content sent has been received.