Managing categories and tags
Setting up the platform
Personalizing the look
Being GDPR compliant
Enabling/disabling the space notification is a right reserved for system administrators and the administrators of the space.
Notification, an option that can be enabled per space, is triggered immediately to the members of the space at the addition of content. This notification can be activated:
- either for the coordinators and administrators of the space
- or for the contributors and readers of the space
- or for all members, whatever their role
Enabling/disabling space notifications
Go to the space settings option and tick the desired options.
The space notification does not lend itself to all types of space. In fact, if it is enabled for all members of a space whatever their role, there is a risk that a too large number of emails will be generated, as soon as a space has a large number of contributions.
It may be useful in the following cases:
- When you change users from just readers to contributors in a space, it can be a means for coordinators and administrators to be informed in real time about new publications and for quick picking up of this content and for verifying their quality (metadata, tags, interest of the content as such).
- At the start of the project it can also equip administrators and coordinators to inform them about new content and set off an exchange with the contributor and encourage him/her.
- In a space dedicated to support it also enables quick response.
On the other hand, if it is used in spaces with a large number of users and shared content, it mainly runs the risk of creating considerable inconvenience and negative feelings in relation to the platform.