Managing categories and tags
Setting up the platform
Being GDPR compliant
Creating an activity report is a right reserved for system administrators.
The activity report is a CSV file comprising users' activity on content (publications, views, downloads, contributions, comments, likes).
The statistics do not depend on affiliations of the administrator who exports them, which means that any system administrator can generate activity reports, also for spaces to which he/she is not affiliated.
You can generate an activity report, right from the administration panel, in the 'Users' tab.
- This file can be generated over a defined period of time. If no date has been entered, it generates the statistics from the instance creation up to the current day.
- By default this file is generated for all spaces of the platform (including personal spaces), but it is possible to select some of these.
- Fill in the period and any choice of space with the following items:
- the date, assembled by day, month or year
- the spaces
- the user
- the type of content (file, web site, collection, etc.)
- the content title
In this way, for example, by ticking the item 'date' and the item 'spaces' you can generate a report retracing the development of the activity of the spaces per day, month or year.
When it is generated by ticking 'content' it can find the contents which generate most activity.
Any export contains several columns:
- views : The number of views of contents
- publications : The number of new contents (statuses, files, collection, web site, events, etc.)
- downloads : The number of content (files) downloads
- comments : The number of comments to the contents
- likes : The number of likes for the content
- contributions : The number of contributions (added and updated content, added tags, metadata editing)
- activity : Activity of the platform (which is the sum of the elements above as well as other activities: subscription, sharing by private message, moving, etc.)
Using and dealing with these statistics may serve various objectives:
- Demonstrating the monthly development of the activity on the platform.
- Comparing the activity of the different spaces and implementing actions to boost it.
- Identifying the type of space, and those with the highest number of comments (more collaborative spaces) in relation to those with the highest number of views (more documentary spaces).
- Observing the activity on every content in order to identify the most appreciated contents or those which create most activity.
- Analyzing the users' activity to organize an award system, a competition or a rise in users' competences.