Updating a Story
Overview & Fundamentals
Connect to Elium
Find your way
Creating and sharing content
Collaborate on a Story
Interact with a Story & Users
Search in Elium
To update a Story you have to:
- be the author of this content
- have the right of space "contributor" or more in the space where content is shared
- have the right of system "coordinator" or more.
Editing a Story
- Click on "Edit".
- Perform the modifications needed and publish your changes.
Every change brings about a notification to the author and it notifies anybody followingthe content.
During a change, it is possible to modify the tags of the Story, the metadata as well as the chosen thumbnail.
Access to the history
In a history previous versions can be found. However, it is not possible to restore older versions. You can access it by clicking on the date above the title of the story.
You are now able to see all the changes that have been made on your story: the changes date, the person's name, the type of changes, etc.
Co-editing and conflict management
The system does not permit simultaneous editing by various contributors, The edit button is grayed out if another user is editing the Story. Besides, when you click on the editing button, the system will display a message to warn you that someone is already editing this story and you can identify at the bottom of the Story the name of the user modifying it.
If you edit the content anyway, a conflict-management system is set up:
- The first contributor saves and leaves the content (he/she is not warned that another person is working on the same content).
- At the moment it is saved, the second contributor sees an error message