You must be a system administrator to create templates.
The templates created in Elium are pre-formatted categories for platform users. You can create them from existing templates in your company or take the opportunity to create original templates, by asking yourself which content formats could be standardised.
How is it display in Elium ?
Each template is differentiated by its name, icon and/or color. As a system administrator, you can create as many templates as you need for your use. For example, you can create a meeting report template, or one for competitor records, project records, the integration process, etc. You are able to create templates that span the entire platform or templates that are specific to one or more spaces.
There are two ways to create a template:
- Under the drop-down menu of your profile photo via the "Template Builder" tab.
- Under the "+ Create" button via the "Create a new template" button
1. Set up your template
- Choose to enable or disable your template
- Choose an icon to illustrate your template under the "+" button.
- Define if your template is transverse to the entire platform or if it is accessible only for one or more spaces.
- Enable the "This template is an event" option if it is to be used to organize events (training, conference, etc.). The system will then display the calendar so that the user can set a date.
2. Define the name of the template
- Define the language(s) of the template
- Choose his name. Prefer a short name, below 25 characters, so that it is displayed correctly in the menu.
3. Create the structure of the template
You can choose to
- either for a free title, i.e. each user will choose the title he gives to his content
- or for a default title, for example "Meeting Mintues XXX of dd/mm/yyy" and the user will modify the title with the right information.
Two main reasons to put information in structured fields:
- Additional, more precise and structured research criteria
- Important data to be quickly seen at the top of the publication
- Click on "Field".
- Give a name to your structured field.
- Choose the type of fields you want. Find an explanation of the different types of fields below
- Make this field mandatory if necessary (your users will not be able to publish the Story without filling in this field).
Add as many fields as necessary to your template. With the options "line", "title section" and "section", you can structure your structured fields
Establish the structure of the template body. As with creating content, click on the "+" button and add the different blocks you would like your users to fill.
You can predefine titles, bulleted lists, areas to place a file, image, etc.
- Structure your body with different levels of titles.
- Click on the "+" to add a content blocks.
4. Preview and save your template
The different type of structured fields:
- Text : text fields let you add custom strings of text to describe your content
- Multiline text : lets you add multiple lines of text to describe your content
- Email : field used to store an email address
- Number : field used to store a number
- Boolean : field used to store a boolean (true/false) and display a checkbox
- URL : field used to store a link to another location
- Date & time: use this field to set dates on your content, such as project deadlines or meeting times
- Date : same as above, without time.
- Phone number : field used to store a phone number.
- Multiple tags : field used to select one or more tags of a specific category
- Tag : field used to select one tag of a specific category
- Author : field used to store the author’s name
- Publication date : field used to store the content’s publication date
- Source : field used to store the source of the content
- Publisher : field used to store a content publisher’s name
- Location : field used to store a geographical address
- User list : field used to reference one or more users of the platform, such as project team members
- User : field used to reference a user of the platform, such as project manager or validator
- Line : lets you add a horizontal visual separator between fields
- Section : lets you add unmodifiable text between fields
- Heading Section : lets you add unmodifiable headers between fields