Our antivirus system is available to Enterprise plans only and in beta version via the Lab.
Any image or file below 500 MB uploaded on Elium will be automatically screened for viruses. This process can take a few seconds up to a few minutes depending on the size of the document.
- Our antivirus system scans all uploaded documents
- While they are being scanned, a message will appear to let you know that it hasn't been scanned yet. It generally takes a few seconds to load and scan the document
- If it presents no threat, the document will be accessible to everyone
- However, if a known threat has been identified, the following message will be displayed: "Virus detected. Downloads are disabled". From then on, it is no longer possible to download the problematic document and an email is automatically sent to administrators to warn them.
We recommend following this procedure:
- Stop using the document and warn the member who uploaded the document to stop using the document
- Warn your IT Team, they usually have an internal procedure to follow in such cases
- Delete the document from your Elium platform (even if downloads are blocked, somebody with the direct link could still access it)
Our system scans documents up to 500 MB. For documents above 500 MB, we advise you to rely on your internal antivirus system.