- Translating categories and tags is a right reserved for coordinators and system administrators.
- Translating groups of spaces is a right reserved for system administrators.
- Translating names, descriptions, introduction texts of spaces and translating the wording on space tabs is a right reserved for space administrators and system administrators.
Elium offers users multilingual support on different levels:
- interface (call-to-actions, icons)
- architecture (tags, categories, spaces, tabs in spaces, groups)
- content (title, description and other metadata)
- At the moment the available languages are: English and French by default, Spanish, German, Chinese, Portuguese, Polish, Romanian and Dutch.
- Other translations can be provided on request.
- Users can select the language of their choice. This setting is defined from the first connection and can be changed according to their settings.
Once it has been applied, this setting will change the language of the user interface. Architecture elements (tags, etc.) and content are not translated, unless the environment was programmed by the administrator to provide translations.
The following elements can be translated directly from the interface:
Names of groups of spaces
- Click on the group settings.
- Use the language menu to generate a translation.
Space name, description and introduction text
- Click on the space settings.
- Use the language menu to generate translation of various texts.
Wording on the space tabs
- Click on 'Tabs' in the options of the space.
- Click on the tab to be translated.
- Use the menu to generate a translation of the wording.
Categories and tags
Go here to manage the multi-linguism of your categories and tags.
The contents themselves may be translated. More information here.