Managing tabs of a space is reserved for administrators of the space or system administrators.
Tabs organize navigation in the space by vertical display.
Three default tabs are suggested in every new space created:
- the activity feed of the space
- the introduction text
- the administrator(s) and members of the space
- various social boxes
2. All contents
The "All contents" tab lists all the contents available in the space. This tab behaves like the global search but at the level of space. More information on libraries here.
Other types of tabs
Besides the default tabs suggested, you can also create other tabs of different types.
1. Smart tab
A smart tab is a tab displaying contents in a space according to an automatic rule created by the administrator of the space and based on specific settings:
- the choice of one or more necessary tags on contents so that they are included in this tab
- and/or the restriction to one or more defined types of content (web pages, collection, file, etc.)
It is also possible to choose the display mode of these contents (library, activity feed or grid) as well as the sorting order.
2. Link-type tab
An external web page can be defined (compulsory in the secured https:// format) which will appear on the tab.
- an embedded form from an external service (JotForm, Google Form, etc.)
- a video, a presentation stored in an external service (YouTube, SlideShare, Prezi, etc.)
- a database
For YouTube for example you have to use the URL provided for embedding (integration) (example: https://www.youtube.com/embed/8sY9yL1e7nM). It can generally be found in the share options of this kind of service.
3. Content-type tab
It allows for displaying any content on the full page.