Key contents might need a refreshment every now and then to make sure the information provided is still up-to-date and can be trusted. To do so on Elium, you can use the feature "mark as up-to-date" and the personal dashboard to keep track of those types of content.
First of all, you need to set a date to check your content:
- Click on the icon ✅ at the top of your story or select the "Mark as up-to-date" option in the three little bullets list
- Select a verification date, either from the periods suggested or indicate a custom date
- A badge with the validation date will appear signaling all users that this content is valid and to be trusted
30 days before the verification date:
- The soon-to-be expired and the expired contents will appear in the list of your dashboard
- In green for contents that will expire in the next 30 days
- In red for contents that are already expired
If the verification date is passed:
- A notification will appear on your homepage
- Go to the corresponding story, a red icon will appear with a badge signaling that the content has expired
- Set up a new date like you did the first time (repeat the same process)
When we indicate that a story is expired, it doesn't mean that it will be taken off from the platform in any way. It simply means that the content needs to be checked again for validity.