To be able to create & post a Story, you need to have at least the role of system contributor (and therefore be able to post in your personal space) or the role of a contributor in a space.
Posting content in Elium is incredibly simple thanks to the key concept of the tool: The Story. To post a story, the user must click on the "+ create" button. Different types of content will then be offered and the user will be able to choose the one that best suits him according to what he wants to post on the platform.
In any case, the contributor starts a new Story. A Story is particularly free and progressive. Thus, no posting is frozen forever in the tool, but on the contrary can be enriched, versioned, tagged, translated, etc. For example, a simple question asked from the activity flow can evolve into structured content, with tags, attachments, additional information, etc. This approach is ideal for capitalizing on knowledge and exchanges between employees.
From the create button, the user can choose to create different types of content:
- an empty content where he/she will have complete freedom over the structure of its content (default template called Story)
- an event
- a link
- a file
- a content pre-defined by the administrator with metadata fields, a pre-structured body, etc. (customized template)
- Enter the title of its content,
- Fill in metadata fields (if it starts from pre-defined content),
- Compose the body of the content using the different blocks
- Choose the sharing space
- Publish or Save as draft
- Add tags
Did you know that it is possible to publish a link quickly on Elium thanks to our Bookmarklet? This tool allows you to capture a web page on the fly. Find out quickly how to install it and use it
Did you know that it is possible to send emails to the platform? It is possible to share content directly from your mailbox without having to connect to your platform. Find out how to use this feature!