To be able to create & share a Story, you need to have at least the role of system contributor (and therefore be able to post in your personal space) or the role of a contributor in a space.
Sharing content in Elium is incredibly simple thanks to the key concept of the tool: The Story. To share a story, the user must click on the "+ create" button. Different types of content will then be offered and the user will be able to choose the one that best suits him according to what he wants to share on the platform.
In any case, the contributor starts a new Story. A Story is particularly free and progressive. Thus, no sharing is frozen forever in the tool, but on the contrary can be enriched, versioned, tagged, translated, etc. For example, a simple question asked from the activity flow can evolve into structured content, with tags, attachments, additional information, etc. This approach is ideal for capitalizing on knowledge and exchanges between employees.
From the sharing button, the user can choose to create different types of content:
- an empty content where he will have complete freedom over the structure of its content
- an event
- a link
- a file
- a content pre-defined by the administrator with metadata fields, a pre-structured body, etc.
The user will therefore be led to:
- Enter the title of its content,
- Fill in metadata fields (if it starts from pre-defined content),
- Compose the body of the content using the different blocks A _file_block that allows you to add a file directly to the Story and index it A image block that allows you to add an image directly into the Story and index it * A _link block that allows you to add a link to a web page directly in the Story and index it A _gallery block that allows you to add all types of files/images directly to the Story A Story block that allows you to insert existing stories into Elium * A _Quote block that allows you to quote an author and mark the difference in the body of the Story A _user_block that allows you to insert the profile of existing users in Elium A table block which allows to structure data in the form of rows and columns A Code block that allows you to write text in different computer languages A embed block displaying external content (Jotform form, Google Form or other services allowing integration via an iframe) * A mention block that allows to mention one or more users
- Choose the sharing space
- Publish or Save as draft
- Add tags
Did you know that it is possible to publish a link quickly on Elium thanks to our Bookmarklet? This tool allows you to capture a web page on the fly. Find out quickly how to install it and use it
Did you know that it is possible to send emails to the platform? It is possible to share content directly from your mailbox without having to connect to your platform. Find out how to use this feature!