Tagging content is one of the key features for an optimal use of Elium.
A tag is a term or set of terms applied to content or to a profile. Used correctly, it is an effective sorting and selecting filter which facilitates access to relevant information.
The tag can perform several tasks:
- use standardized and harmonized vocabulary to qualify the object or subject of content
- indicate the value of usage or the nature of content (e.g. "competitive intelligence", "only in-house dissemination", etc)
- search for information that the search engine cannot detect (e.g. content language)
- be the trigger for targeted dissemination, from individual alerts or shared alerts
- support the creation of filtered and dynamic views in the space tabs
Moreover, as tags are collective and cross-functional in spaces (apart from exceptions defined by the administrator), they optimize global searching across the spaces.
To have the right to tag content you obviously have to have access, but you also have to meet one of the following conditions:
- be the author of this content
- have the right of "contributor" to the space or more
- have the right of system "coordinator" or more
You can tag a single content or a selection of contents to which you want to apply common tags by means of bulk actions The tag window appears when you are puslishing your content for the first time. It will not appear anymore if you do modifications inside the story.
However, you can always edit your tags once your story is published.
- Click on "Publish" or "Modify tags"
- Search for or create a tag with the aid of the search box. The existing tags and their respective category will be shown.
- Navigate between the available categories to find the tags.
- Create a tag, if the system allow it, if you don't find the tag that you need
- Get help from the suggestions and corrections made by elium.
- Save your data.
When creating a new content, we automatically suggest tags based on your existing database, trying to find similar contents. The suggestions will appear like this when you are about to publish your content: