- Who can update a file?
- The initial contributor.
- Any contributor to the space where the file appears.
- A coordinator or administrator.
A file can be updated:
- by loading a new version of the file
- by editing via Microsoft Office
- Click on "Edit"
- Click on the cross at the top right of the file in your Highlight to delete the file
- Download the new version of the file
- Publish your Story
It will still be possible to find the version of the Story with the file that was deleted by going to the story history and click on "view details" from the previous version.
This is an additional function which enables you to open contents of the Office type in a temporary version generated in Microsoft Office so that you can use all editing functions and save changes straight into Elium.
- Click on "Edit" of your story. You'll see your office document with the button "Edit in Office".
- Wait for the file to open and make your changes in the file by means of the Office application.
- Close the file and/or the Office application.
- Click on "Refresh" in Elium and then "publish" to see the changes you've made.
What are the functioning conditions for the Office plugin?
- The plugin only displays for Word, Excel, and Powerpoint files.
- Only in Office 2013 or later versions.
- Browser Firefox, Chrome, Safari; for the last two versions + the most recent ESR version of Firefox.
- Microsoft plugin installed in the browser (always by default at installation of Office, but if this is not the case, to be assessed with your IT service).